- Fine motor skills
- Encourages creativity
- Supports hand-eye coordination skills
- Calming for children and so much more!
What you will need:
1 1/2 cups of plain flour
1/2 cup of salt
2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
2 tablespoons of coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
1 cup of boiling water
Essential oils or Vanilla essence (optional)
1. Combine the flour, salt, cream of tartar and coconut oil in a bowl.
2. Add the food colouring to the boiling water and then pour this into the bowl with the other ingredients. If you are making this with children take care at this point and keep them at a safe distance.
3. Mix all the ingredients together until it starts to come together as a dough.
4. When the dough has cooled slightly take it out of the bowl and kneed it really well. This is the most important part!
To make a rainbow spectrum of no-cook play dough you can follow these steps above and just change the food colouring each time. Alternatively, you could make a large batch of play dough without food colouring and then divide it up and colour each ball of dough separately.
- Store playdough in plastic wrap or an airtight container so it doesn't dry out.
- If you find playdough in the carpet - leave it alone! Let it dry completely then pick it off and vacuum.
- Try adding a drop of essential oil or vanilla essence to the boiling water mixture.